Re: [opensuse] software request
Hi,

On 03/20/2014 12:07 PM, Andrew English wrote:
Which forum do I need to request software get updated in the community?

Bitcoin has been updated to version 0.9.0

https://bitcoin.org/bin/0.9.0/

I am wondering if someone could update it for 13.1, since I am not familiar
with making my own installations yet. :(

We do not just update packages in a release because upstream moved. Unless there is a bug that cannot be fixed in the existing version. I would expect that no version bump in 13.1 happens. That's why these things are called releases ;) . A reasonably static thing that only changes when a bug needs to be fixed.

https://build.opensuse.org/search?&search_text=bitcoin

to find in which project the bitcoin package is developed and then send a message to the maintainers asking for a "latest and greatest build".

HTH,
Robert

Tech Lead
Public Cloud Architect