Re: [opensuse] displaying systemd startup order?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:21:23 +0100
Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

В Wed, 19 Mar 2014 20:15:59 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

В Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:50:57 +0100
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

So if I want to indicate: "service A depends service B, do not start
A unless B has been started" what should I use?

If you really mean what you ask, then

Hehe, well, what I would like is that apache2 doesn't start until the
appropriate filesystems have been mounted, for instance. Apache2
doesn't like it when a vhost directory is missing.

So I figured "don't start apache2" unless "remote-fs" has been
completed.

A.service should have Requisite=B.service

But again - this does not mean that if you call "systemctl start
A.servcie B.service", B.service will be started first. To make sure,
you need both

Requisite=B.service
After=B.service

This ensures, that

a) if startup of both A and B is requested, first B is started and
then A
b) if startup of A is requested but B is not started, startup of A
fails.

That sounds good. Thanks for the explanation. I have to admit, all of
these Requires,After,Before,Requisite,Wants,Desires,Yearns-For are not
exactly intuitive.

That's why you were advised to use _netdev to inform systemd about
it.

Yes, I've tried the _netdev option, but it doesn't change anything.
systemd keeps trying to mount the filesystem before iscsi has logged
into to the target and acquired it. This is the crux of the issue.

Well, operator error I'm ashamed to admit. I put _netdev in the wrong
place in fstab ...
I'm now left with getting apache2 to start only once remote-fs is done.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.2°C)