Re: [opensuse] autofs functionality vs. systemd auto-mount?
On 19/03/14 06:08 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
lynn wrote:

On Wed, 2014-03-19 at 10:05 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Just a quick question - has systemd taken over autofs, such that we
should plan to move our autofs setups systemd too, in particular new
ones? If yes, does systemd have any known shortcomings in this
respect, i.e. does is fully supplant autofs?

Automounting cifs from AD we've found to be transparent. e.g.
systemctl restart autofs does the same as it always did. The rcautofs
stuff still works too.

I was more thinking of whether things like "etc/auto.master" has been
moved into systemd (in some fashion).

That I haven't seen.
I do use the systemd NFS automount mechanism (entries in /etc/nfstab) and it works just fine, but the "maps" offered things like wild-cards and were based on mount points.

I haven't tried the ".mount" mechanism described in systemd.mount(5).
It offers some interesting predictions about the future of /etc/fstab.
See also systemd-fstab-generator(8).

I don't imagine there is a plan for a generator[1] for autofs style maps? That would be the way to go.

[1] generator specification
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/Generators

--
Hell, there are no rules here--we're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas A. Edison