Re: [opensuse] Swap on wrong drive, according to fstab.
On 2014-03-19 02:16, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2014-03-19 01:11 (GMT+0100) Carlos E. R. composed:

It is in your photo. Click on "Volume label", then write a label, and
the label is created.

That is non-intuitive (unexpected) workflow. Everything else in that
window is about what gets written to fstab. The logical place to create
the label would be elsewhere involving writing to a partition, such as
formatting and formatting options.

Well, yes, it could be elsewhere. However, in that dialog you select
other mount options (uuid, id, etc), which you don't need to create
yourself. The label is the exception. So, there is arguably some logic
in having it there.

Not only only that, but you can not add a label unless you select
"mount". I often create partitions I do not intend to mount (external
media) and can not add a label.

Lately, I'm using gparted instead.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >