Re: [opensuse] How do I make systemd wait for iscsi to start before attempting to mount iscsi-based filesystems?
Rob Verduijn wrote:
try adding the following options to the fstab entry of the filesystem

noauto,x-systemd.automount

What this does can be found on this page http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.mount.html and this
one http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.automount.html

Rob

Hi Rob

thanks for that.

Some of the info seems out of date:

(from http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.automount.html)

A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".automount" encodes information
about a file system automount point controlled and supervised by systemd.

Automount units must be named after the automount directories they control.
Example: the automount point /home/lennart must be configured in a unit file
home-lennart.automount.

I have no such .automount files at all. Ah, further down I see that they are auto-configured via /etc/fstab, okay.

A couple things I don't understand:

Despite "x-systemd.automount" not being set in my /etc/fstab anywhere, I still get some systemd .mount config units, so I guess someone does that behind the scene.

With "noauto", apparently these drives are not auto-mounted - so who/what will mount them?

Despite these disks being iSCSI, systemd has created links in "local-fs.target.requires" which doesn't seem correct?

thanks for your insights,

regards
Per