Re: [opensuse] searching the journal is incredibly slow?
F.

Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a journal with about 1million lines in it - going through it
page
by page is fine, but trying to skip a few hundred thousand lines or
search for e.g. /^Mar/ takes ages. Is this normal?

From what I recall of conversations on factory, yes.

You can either host the journal on a SSD or extract a static text version as
needed to search through.

I don't recall details beyond the above.

GREG