Re: [opensuse] spelling and grammar check in LO 4.1
On 03/17/2014 02:28 PM, Istvan Gabor wrote:
Hello:

I have openSUSE 12.2 and LO 4.1.5.3 from openSUSE LO repo.

I can't find out how to use "spelling and grammar" check.

I would like to check the spelling of an English text.
If I select Tools=>Spelling and Grammar (or press F7) a window titled
"Spelling and Grammar: English (USA)" opens. But:

1. It misses misspelled words (eg "speling").
2. It stops at words/phrases but the "ignore once" button does not work.
3. In the window the "text language" field is empty.

Apart from this when I click Tools=>Language,
=> for selection=> English (USA) is selected
=> for paragraph=> nothing is selected, even If I select English, it is not
set/remembered
=> for all text=>nothing is selected, even If I select English, it is not
set/remembered

Could someone please help with this?

Thanks,

Istvan

Istvan,

IIRC, you have to install a dictionary file for spelling and grammar to
function.

See: http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/2269/import-dictionary/

I haven't done it in a year or two, recall having to tell it what dictionary to
use.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.