Re: [opensuse] spelling and grammar check in LO 4.1
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 00:59:39 +0100 (CET)
Dsant <forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:
Le 17/03/2014 20:28, Istvan Gabor a écrit :
Hello:

I have openSUSE 12.2 and LO 4.1.5.3 from openSUSE LO repo.

I can't find out how to use "spelling and grammar" check.

I would like to check the spelling of an English text.
If I select Tools=>Spelling and Grammar (or press F7) a window titled
"Spelling and Grammar: English (USA)" opens. But:

1. It misses misspelled words (eg "speling").
2. It stops at words/phrases but the "ignore once" button does not work.
3. In the window the "text language" field is empty.

Apart from this when I click Tools=>Language,
=> for selection=> English (USA) is selected
=> for paragraph=> nothing is selected, even If I select English, it is not
set/remembered
=> for all text=>nothing is selected, even If I select English, it is not
set/remembered

Could someone please help with this?

Thanks,

Istvan

Have you tried Languagetool ?

The languagetool is the same as spelling and grammar check (both are F7).
It does not work.

Frankly, it takes effort no to lose temper when fighting with recent LO bugs
and "features".

Thanks,

Istvan