Re: [opensuse] Help - rpm - error: no dbpath has been set - howto fix?
On 2014-03-16 21:40, David C. Rankin wrote:

Ok, so apparently rpm lost a link/file that sets the dbpath so rpm doesn't
know what is installed and can't find it's cache. How do I fix this? I haven't
messed with the actual dbpath for rpm before -- where is it set and to what?
Any
help appreciated. Thanks.

The rpm database is in "/var/lib/rpm/". In 13.1 I have:

/var/lib/rpm/
├── Basenames
├── Conflictname
├── Dirnames
├── Group
├── Installtid
├── Name
├── Obsoletename
├── Packages
├── Providename
├── Pubkeys
├── Requirename
├── Sha1header
├── Sigmd5
├── Triggername
├── alternatives/

The crucial one is "Packages", the rest can be rebuilt. If "Packages" is
missing, there are backups in "/var/adm/backup/rpmdb/". Pick the newest
file, expand it, delete the rest, and run "rpm rebuild" (check the exact
command name in man).

If it fails, pick the following older packages file, and retry till it
works...

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)