Re: [opensuse] Sendmail authentication/authorization question
  • From: Neil Rickert <nrickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 12:40:42 -0500
On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:03:22 -0500
Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

However, now I have a need to allow only certain users, and not all
authenticated users, to be able to send outgoing mail through
sendmail. Does anyone know how one can specify a list of users that
sendmail would accept while rejecting all others, even ones who have
authenticated fine?

I have not done exactly that. I have only checked on whether
authenticated at all.

You can access $&{auth_authen} to find the authentication information,
then perhaps check that in a database lookup to see if approved.

If you put the check in a "Local_check_rcpt" ruleset, you could check
it the recipient is local, but deny for a non-local recipient unless
from an authenticated user in your allowed list.

You will probably need to reference the sendmail operations manual, in
"/usr/share/doc/packages/sendmail" for details.