Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 12:03:11 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2014-03-14 08:30, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

With a few processes it's no big deal, but 32bit I can run a lot
more processes per system than with 64bit.

Well, if you have tried the experiment both ways, and the memory
footprint is bigger, then obviously I believe you :-)

You can also observe it yourself if you have two systems to compare.

I don't see a way I could have that many postfix processes in a
virtual machine :-)

Hehe, you don't need a lot, just a few to compare their memory
footprint.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (0.0°C)