Re: [opensuse] flash video download?
On 14/03/14 10:19, George Olson (SUSE list) wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to download a flash video? I have purchased an online course, and the streaming videos are all in flash. The problem is, sometimes I traveland go to places where I have no internet access, or go to places where I might have it but the bandwidth is very small. Watching a streaming video with low bandwidth can turn a 20 minute video into an hour and a half, and make it hard to follow as there are so many frequent pauses.

I would like to download the videos in advance while I am at home with high bandwidth and then have them on my hard drive to watch them while travelling.

If you are using Firefox, like I do, then use the Add-on for it called DownloadHelper.

However, not all sites allow their videos to be downloaded - including YouTube where you are able to download most videos but not all.

Just for info: you can start to view a video then activate DownloadHelper but then PAUSE the viewing and get on with doing something else while DownloadHelper continues to save the video to HDD in the baqckground.

BC

--
A civilisation is judged by how it treats the most vulnerable.

Lauren Smith - 30 January 2014