Re: [opensuse] What IS wrong with multimedia in 13.1?!
On 11/03/14 18:17, C wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 11/03/14 17:39, C wrote:
I visit the packman site and get 404s and the 'one click install' for _64
says

Why visit the Packman site? Open YaST, Click Repository Manager. Add
Community Repositories. Select Packman.. apply, accept the security
key. Done.

Then explicitly install vlc PLUS the vlc-codecs and whatever
guifications you want (QT/Gnome) and install.

C.

And doing this will automatically mean that one can view Bd movies?

You guarantee this? :-)
Wait, let me put on my politician hat.... :-)

You don't need a politician's hat you need a tin hat :-) .

I guarantee nothing... I was only answering Anton's point about
visiting the Packman website and getting 404 pages and errors about
"no instructions" for his version of openSUSE on the 1-Click links for
installing vlc.

I've installed vlc from packman plus the vlc-codecs. This works for
all standalone media filetypes I've thrown at it... so far. I don't
have a BD movie to test with... so no comment on if that part of this
equation works on my setup.

C.

Well it's the Bd bit which I am having a gripe about. As I already mentioned the Bd DVDs are now "viewable" provided that you are prepared to sit and watch them being stuttered onto your screen in a 5 seconds on/2 seconds off manner :-( .

Damned if I know what is causing this in 13.1 because as far as I can remember this was not the case in 12.3. Had trouble in recognising a Bd yes, but with some manipulation one could successfully view a Bd in vlc in 12.3.

BC

--
A civilisation is judged by how it treats the most vulnerable.

Lauren Smith - 30 January 2014