Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit
On 2014-03-13 13:20, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
В Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:37:15 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

But if this happens, it is bad coding. Programs do not need to use 64
bit variables just because they are available.

You have no choice with pointers.

My 86' assembler is very rusty, I worked more with the 68000. IIRC, you
could do "short jumps", in which the destination address was relative to
the current program counter.

I never remember what model Linux uses, but don't we have short jumps?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)