Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit
On Thursday, March 13, 2014 02:11:03 AM Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-03-12 23:20, jdd wrote:
could start dropping it from demo dvd, but there still lot of 32bits
machines around

Probably more than 64 bit machines.

I'd guess that many of the XP expatriates that we want to welcome to our
camp have 32 bit hardware.

Of the three machines I use at home, one is 32 bit.
And several more I seldom use, are of course 32 bit, but those will not
be updated.

+1

I agree we have an opportunity to give an happy welcome to Linux for all those
XP ready to drop their PC through out their 'windows' (mostly 32-bit).

Anyway, I do not believe Linux kernel will drop the 32-bit before version 3.20
or any that closer as we think. Chances are we have two or three years
extended support before it happens. And that would be enough time to migrate
to new CPU's (64-bit) or Not?

Regards,

R. Chung