Re: [opensuse] What IS wrong with multimedia in 13.1?!
All,

I got around the issue with using Packman repository as well.

http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/openSUSE_13.1/

Stuart

On 03/11/2014 10:39 AM, C wrote:
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 4:16 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/03/14 11:03 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/03/14 09:24 PM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 03/10/2014 09:19 PM, Ricardo Chung pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Monday, March 10, 2014 09:08:16 PM Anton Aylward wrote:
On 10/03/14 10:34 AM, jdd wrote:
I have no such problem. Did you try Audacity?

Why would I want an EDITOR?
I just want to play the things.

may be you have to install lame (just a guess)?

Did that.

VLC still says
"No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "agsm". Unfortunately
there is no way for you to fix this."

Maybe I missed it on this thread.

Did you switched all multimedia packages from?

Not FROM packman, you want to change them TO the packman repo. :-)

I visit the packman site and get 404s and the 'one click install' for _64
says

Why visit the Packman site? Open YaST, Click Repository Manager. Add
Community Repositories. Select Packman.. apply, accept the security
key. Done.

Then explicitly install vlc PLUS the vlc-codecs and whatever
guifications you want (QT/Gnome) and install.

C.