Re: [opensuse] printer suddenly disappears ??
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:08:02 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

Billie Walsh wrote:

On 03/12/2014 07:20 AM, Per Jessen wrote:

Question - other than rebooting, how would I "re-connect" these
printers
to the client? It seems a bit extreme having to reboot to
re-acquire the printers :-)

[big snip]

For whatever reason it is only my Linux installations that have this
issue. The other halfs Windows computers never have the issue.

I just open cups and reinstall the printer .

Seems superfluous when every other system is working except this one.
I think I'll revert to the Windows solution and reboot it. :-)

Which didn't help much either ... very weird. Am now applying latest
upgrades.

And now it's working again.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.4°C)