Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 08:44:39 +0100
Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

El 12/03/14 08:03, Per Jessen escribió:

:-) It might be intentional. 32bit apps use less memory, if you run
a lot of them, there's more room with a 32bit os.

I strongly suggest you not to do this, specially from now on.

Oh, I strongly intend to continue doing this. At times I have maybe
25000+ postfix processes running, spread across a number of systems
running 32bit. On 64bit systems they would gobble up much too much
memory so I would need a lot more boxes.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.6°C)