Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 04:35:31 PM Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 12/03/14 16:12, Greg Freemyer escribió:
So for the foreseeable time I suspect if you want 32-bit, you should
be fine using openSUSE. Admittedly, the 32-bit kernels are about to
start getting less high-end testing by the enterprise releases. I'm
not sure how much that matters. openSUSE was typically releasing
kernels that SLES wasn't using, so they weren't performing high-end
testing on those kernels anyway, were they?

Well, I am of the opinion that we should drop the 32 bit x86 openSUSE at
some point in the near future (14.x for example) . My opinion of course
is not popular, so I 'll let it be..people will eventually come to
sanity again when the inevitable quality drop to rock bottom becomes a
problem.

I just remember some news, maybe on 2012, announcing Linux will stop x86 on
future kernels. Sadly, I can not find it now.

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTE2NzE

Regards,

R.Chung