Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit
On 2014-03-12 15:08, ellanios82 wrote:
On 03/12/2014 12:58 PM, Paul Neuwirth wrote:
Is there an easy way to switch to 64bit? such as adding 86_64 repos
and zypper --dup --allow-architecture-change (unfortunately this
option doesn't exist)?

Not "easy way".

The way I did it is to use the DVD 64 bit image, boot the installer and
choose "upgrade". The installer won't detect the 32bit image, unless you
tell it to accept "unsupported" configuration (I don't remember the
exact wording). Then, you'll be able to choose your 32bit partition.

This is totally unsupported, of course, but as I said, I was able to
migrate some systems with this setup.

I have done that, too. The same way.

I very much doubt you can use "zypper dup" to do it. I would not even try.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >