Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 14:16:55 +0100
Paul Neuwirth wrote:

On Mar 12 2014 12:03, Per Jessen wrote:

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:03:22 +0100
From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit

Paul Neuwirth wrote:

Hallo,
I accidently installed 32 bit opensuse on several machines.
Is there an easy way to switch to 64bit? such as adding 86_64 repos
and zypper --dup --allow-architecture-change (unfortunately this
option doesn't exist)?
Any hints?
A notice in the setup, that a 32bit os is going to be installed on a
64bit system would be very nice...

:-) It might be intentional. 32bit apps use less memory, if you run
:a
lot of them, there's more room with a 32bit os.

just a little warning "are you sure..." not something looking fatal..
lack of this took me hours..

Should be easy to do in YaST somewhere. Maybe the installation summary.

btw. now trying to install on raid using a local disk and a iscsi
disk.. would give a try for AOE, but that seems not to be implemented
very much..

iscsi works very well, but I don't think it's being tested much in
openSUSE. We use it quite a bit.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.8°C)