Re: [opensuse] switch from 32bit opensuse to 64bit
On 12/03/14 07:58, Paul Neuwirth wrote:
Hallo,
I accidently installed 32 bit opensuse on several machines.
Is there an easy way to switch to 64bit? such as adding 86_64 repos and
zypper --dup --allow-architecture-change (unfortunately this option doesn't
exist)?
Any hints?
A notice in the setup, that a 32bit os is going to be installed on a 64bit
system would be very nice...
Thanks a lot in advance

Not sure if there is an easy way, but I changed one of machine from 32bit ->
64bit using Yast (GUI version). I simply went through and selected all
64bit. In some cases, Yast auto-selected some as I was going through. I did
have to go back into Yast a couple of times because I missed packages.
What I found was the the 64bit and 32bit versions tolerated each other during
the transition.

Alvin