Re: [opensuse] printer suddenly disappears ??
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:43:00 +0100
Per Jessen wrote:

Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:26:34AM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
I was printing some stuff from okular just now, when my printers
suddenly disappeared and I was left with "print to pdf" or "print to
postcript" only. Same thing in firefox. I restarted cupsd client
and server, and I've checked that the printers are being broadcast.

I guess I could restarting the machine too, but what happened to my
printers??

Was the cups update we released yesterday installed in the
background?

No, I haven't updated this machine for a week or so.

Did it repopulate the list after some time?

No, I waited around for long enough while I was trying to figure where
the printer had gone. Looking at other systems, they have no problems
finding the printers :-)

"lpstat -a" on the faulty system shows nothing, on others:

lpstat -a
BESR-printer accepting requests since Sat 01 Feb 2014 13:21:44 CET
Kyocera accepting requests since Sat 01 Feb 2014 13:21:42 CET
Kyocera2 accepting requests since Sat 01 Feb 2014 13:21:43 CET

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.6°C)