Re: [opensuse] printer suddenly disappears ??
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:29:40 +0100
Marcus Meissner wrote:

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:26:34AM +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
I was printing some stuff from okular just now, when my printers
suddenly disappeared and I was left with "print to pdf" or "print to
postcript" only. Same thing in firefox. I restarted cupsd client
and server, and I've checked that the printers are being broadcast.

I guess I could restarting the machine too, but what happened to my
printers??

Was the cups update we released yesterday installed in the background?

No, I haven't updated this machine for a week or so.

Did it repopulate the list after some time?

No, I waited around for long enough while I was trying to figure where
the printer had gone. Looking at other systems, they have no problems
finding the printers :-)

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.1°C)