Re: [opensuse] What IS wrong with multimedia in 13.1?!
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:17:07 +0100
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 8:01 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 11/03/14 17:39, C wrote:
I visit the packman site and get 404s and the 'one click install' for _64
says

Why visit the Packman site? Open YaST, Click Repository Manager. Add

Community Repositories. Select Packman.. apply, accept the security

key. Done.

Then explicitly install vlc PLUS the vlc-codecs and whatever
guifications you want (QT/Gnome) and install.

C.

And doing this will automatically mean that one can view Bd movies?

You guarantee this? :-)

Wait, let me put on my politician hat.... :-)

I guarantee nothing... I was only answering Anton's point about
visiting the Packman website and getting 404 pages and errors about
"no instructions" for his version of openSUSE on the 1-Click links for
installing vlc.

I've installed vlc from packman plus the vlc-codecs. This works for
all standalone media filetypes I've thrown at it... so far. I don't
have a BD movie to test with... so no comment on if that part of this
equation works on my setup.

C.
--
openSUSE 13.1 x86_64, KDE 4.12