Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 13.1 installation boot menu
On Saturday 08 March 2014, Basil Chupin wrote:

Forgive me for being as thick as a brick, but why do you want more
options in the 13.1 installation USB menu other than those you
mentioned in your OP?

I mean, you are either Installing 13.1 or you are not.

I want to setup my network and keyboard right at the beginning without
later clicking around within stupid menus. And I want to use
installation sources from our local NFS mirror (oss, non-oss and update
repos)

Do you mean that you want to see the ability to change the screen
size, or add "nomodeset" and whatever then pressing "e" at the menu
would allow you to add these parameters, yes/no?

Yes it works but first there is no help message anymore which tells us
about "e". And second if you want to edit something then it should be
possible to change keyboard layout first.

The old menu was very easy to understand for eyperts and non-experts. It
also included a lot documentation texts to let us know about possible
kernel args or linuxrc options.

cu,
Rudi