[opensuse] mkinitrd, dmsetup fails in rescue system
Hi,

I'm still trying to boot a fresh installed 13.1 system. The initrd does
not seem to be able to find my lvm root partition.

I tried to repair from rescue system

$ mount /dev/vg0/root /mnt
$ mount /dev/sda1 /boot
$ mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc
$ mount --bind /dev /mnt/dev
$ mount --bind /sys /mnt/sys
$ chroot /mnt

$ mkinitrd
Kernel image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.11.10-7-desktop
Initrd image: /boot/initrd-3.11.10-7-desktop
KMS drivers: i915
Root device: /dev/vg0/root (mounted on / as ext4)
/dev/mapper/control: mknod failed: No such file or directory
Failure to communicate with kernel device-mapper driver.
Check that device-mapper is available in the kernel.
Command failed
[...]
Microcode: Adding Intel microcode 06-3c-03
Kernel Modules: thermal_sys thermal processor fan dm-mod dm-log
dm-region-hash dm-mirror dm-snapshot scsi_dh scsi_dh_rdac scsi_dh_alua
scsi_dh_emc scsi_dh_hp_sw video button i2c-algo-bit drm drm_kms_helper
i915 xhci-hcd hid-logitech-dj hid-holtek-kbd hid-lenovo-tpkbd hid-ortek
hid-roccat hid-roccat-common hid-roccat-arvo hid-roccat-isku
hid-samsung ohci-pci
Features: acpi dm intel_microcode kms plymouth usb
resume.userspace resume.kernel

I've tracked it down. It's "dmsetup info" which failes

How cat I let the device-mapper work in rescue system or how else could
I create a working initrd

cu,
Rudi