Re: [opensuse] uefi boot on asus 1225B with only openSUSE
Le 09/03/2014 09:31, Andrey Borzenkov a écrit :

It sounds like either efibootmgr fails to update boot options or your
system simply ignores everything that it does not like.

it's most certainly the case. I've seen on the net than some computers looks for the windows efi file, even if it do not use it, so dualboot works, but I couldn't figure out what this particular computer wants

There were
known cases of the latter.

Boot from EFI DVD in rescue mode and show output of "efibootmgr -v".

I will try this

there is an option in the exit bios menu (?), to try booting from an efi
system file, but the computer never find it, no matter what I put in /efi
partition

You have to specify full path to a file including device.

I can't specify anythng. There is only the option "boot efi file" and it do not find any

I will look to see if there is a bios update

there was, and I apply it, but with no change

but in normal (non efi) mode, opensuse or ubuntu installs very well, so I may give up (I also have to give the computer to his owner)

thanks
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.org