[opensuse] YaST/zypper repo problem
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 10:25:16 +0100
This problem was caused by stupid user error - meaning I copied the
wrong URL when configuring a new repo and munged things really good. I
pasted in a URL that was to a normal website instead of the URL to the
LibreOffice Factory repo. I didn't notice until after I had applied
and YaST tried to update from that repo. I edited it, removed the
wrong repo and added right repo. Everything seemed OK... I can
install from that reconfigured LibreOffice Factory repo just fine etc,
but somewhere in the system, it's hanging on to the wrong repo info
and I can't find it to fix it.

This is the output from zypper (the error prevents me from
installing/removing rpms):
---------------
zypper in anyname.rpm
Repository named '_tmpRPMcache_' already exists. Please use another
alias.
Refreshing service 'LibreOffice Factory'.
Unexpected exception.
Parse error: repoindex.xml[8] Couldn't find end of Start Tag meta
History:
- repoindex.xml[8] attributes construct error
- repoindex.xml[8] Unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes values

Please file a bug report about this.
See http://en.opensuse.org/Zypper/Troubleshooting for instructions.
---------------

The error makes sense since it's trying to parse a normal website for
YaST repo info... and it finds regular HTML instead.

YaST gives a little more info:
---------------
An error occurred during repository initialization.
Error refreshing service LibreOffice Factory
(http://the.mistyped.url/that/isnt/a/repo/):

Parse error: repoindex.xml[8] Couldn't find end of Start Tag meta
History:
- repoindex.xml[8] attributes construct error
- repoindex.xml[8] Unescaped '<' not allowed in attributes values
---------------

zypper repos -d shows all my configured repos including the
LibreOffice Factory repo that is the source of the problem:
---------------
4 | LibreOffice_Factory | LibreOffice Factory
| No | No | 80 | rpm-md |
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Factory/openSUSE_13.1/

If I look into /etc/zypp/repos.d/LibreOffice_Factory.repo, everything
is correct, and there's no sign of the misconfigured repo anywhere.
I've checked all other dot repo files and they are all fin as far as I
can see. There is no double file for LibreOffice.. and no other repo
that looks like LibreOffice in my repo list. (I'd susepaste.org it,
but... when I do that it returns an error "You are spammer!!!" so... )

So... anyone have any ideas how I can convince zypper/YaST to forget
about that wrong URL?... so I can use zypper again...

openSUSE 13.1 x86_64, KDE 4.12