Re: [opensuse] Blank Screen
On 2014-03-07 17:52 (GMT) Paul Groves composed:

Paul Groves wrote:

> I have a lenovo thinkpad x201 tablet and when I shut down, about 50% of the
> time i turn the laptop back on, bios shows, grub shows and then boots to
> opensuse but my screen is blank.

> The backlight is on as i can control the brightness but there is no image
> in the screen. I can log in by typing my password and I hear the KDE
> login sound but still no display,

> When it does decide to show it will work fine if I sleep hibernate or
> reboot but if I shut down it will have a blank screen again on most
> boots.

> I took out the battery for 24 hours, reset the BIOS and formatted the hard
> disk. I reinstalled with a clean copy of 13.1 but this makes no
> difference.

i have kernel 3.11.10-7-desktop an an intel GMA 4500MHD chip

i am suspecting this must be a driver issue as this laptop works flawlessly on
windows xp and 7.

when the display is working it works fine in opensuse too but having to reboot
the laptop 3 or 4 times to see the display is very frustrating.

Just an idea to try: uninstall Plymouth. It isn't required. I habitually taboo it at install time.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/