Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 13.1 installation boot menu
On Friday 07 March 2014, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
В Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:32:33 +0100

Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> пишет:
Hi,

I haven't used the DVD installer for ages. Right now I've started
the DVD 13.1 installation image (from USB Stick).

I want to edit the boot/installation paramters according to
http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/autoyast/appendix.linuxrc.html

Is this still supported at all? The boot menu looks very poor now.
I see only 3 boot entries
"Installation"
"Rescue"
"Check Media"

Do you have UEFI system?

Yes.

Where are the advanced options, for example keyboard layout.
I tried to edit the boot commandline vie (e)ditor:
hostip=192.168.1.28 netmask=255.255.255.0 gateway=192.168.1.1
nameserver=192.168.1.1

But it does not seem to work like it did in past.

If you have UEFI you have grub2; press 'e' on menu entry and you are
in editor; move to line starting with "linux" (or may be "linuxefi")
and append parameters there.

I had tried this but adding linuxrc options had no effect when booting
the full DVD. It did worked when using the net-install CD.
Maybe a bug?

However the UEFI boot of the installed system did not worked. It
couldn't find any bootable system. So I've disabled UEFI boot in BIOS
and then I even saw the full featured grub 1 DVD install menu again.

Don't know what the poor DVD UEFI boot menu is good for. It makes not
much sense to give me an editor if I can't change the keyboard layout.
Or is this possible in BIOS nowadays?

cu,
Rudi