Re: [opensuse] Something wrong with the opensuse repos?
On 2014-03-07 06:02, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 07/03/14 05:13, James Knott wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
(But read this, which may be considered slightly 'off topic' on this
list:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-05/phones-stymie-police-efforts-to-prevent-underworld-crime/5301256

)
Smart phones already support encrypted VPNs, including IPSec, so it's
been available for some time.

I see. So why suddenly our police force starts squawking about this now?
(No need to answer :-) .)

Encrypted VPN is hardly what someone wanting secure mobile phone
communications would want, IMHO. Rather a phone that, out of the box,
has some secure apps, like something for secure end to end instant
messaging. The user could use that app or another (unsecured one).

Or, much more secure, everything in the phone would be secured and
closed, so that the user is not even able to use anything that can be
intercepted.

As the user of such a phone needs not knowing anything technical, then
even a bad guy with lots of money can just buy it and be "secure"...
(well, he as long as he talks to people with the same gadget, I assume).

That phone in the article has been so well designed that it is
apparently unbreakable. It could be such a model that Angela Merkel got
recently to avoid being spied upon by the NSA.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >