Re: [opensuse] ImportError: /usr/lib/libxcb-shm.so.0: undefined symbol: xcb_send_fd
  • From: jdebert <jdebert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 13:46:00 -0800
On Wed, 05 Mar 2014 17:50:32 -0300
Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

El 05/03/14 17:15, jdebert escribió:

Wonderful!

Just what I need! Another can of worms to sort out!

In an ideal world, all shared libraries would use symbol versioning
so the package manager throws a fit whenever you attempt to do
something like this. Unfortunately we do not live in such world.

What? Ideal world? Do you mean DEC?

Until this becomes reality, you need to be very careful about what
you mix with a released product.

Indeed. Too many details. Can't rely solely upon overwhelmed
maintainers.

jd