[opensuse] OpenSuse 12.3 and Canon i-SENSYS MF4150: page inverse
Hi,

I use openSuse 12.3 (64-Bit, Kernel 3.7.6, KDE 4.11, CUPS 1.5.4). For printing I use a Canon i-SENSYS MF4150. As standard there is no driver for the Canon i-SENSYS MF4150 in openSuse. You can download the driver as rpm, deb and in source code from the Canon support. I chose the driver cndrvcups 2.10 (cndrvcups-common 2.10 and cndrvcups-ufr2-uk 2.10) and cndrvcups 2.70 (cndrvcups-common 2.70 and cndrvcups-ufr2-uk 2.70) as rpm.

Installation was successful. Printing directly from Libre Office is mostly working fine.

Printing other causes problems. Nearly 8 of 10 files are printed inverse, i.e. white types on black pages. Print preview is correct: black types on white page. Printing the same pdf-files or Websites on other printers using Windows works fine, i.e. black types on white pages.

I spent hours testing various configurations, searching in the www and compiling the source code. I did not find a configuration which doesn't inverse the colours. I also did not find other useful information on the www.

When compiling the source code I fail to resolve dependencies and eliminate compiler errors.

Canon Support and German OpenSuse Mailinglist cant help me.

Please, can you help me?

Jan Schuster