Re: [opensuse] Taskfreak++ ?
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 08:55:11 +0100
On Tuesday, March 04, 2014 08:34:19 AM Per Jessen wrote:
Internally we've been using Taskfreak for a couple of years. We just
wanted something simple to track todos, which taskfreak has done
perfectly, but it's beginning to show it's limitations.

We would like to have features such as task- and time-dependencies, but
without going to a big project-management setup. I've looked at e.g.
redmine, which seems a bit too comprehensive for our needs. Is anyone
aware of or using an improved Taskfreak? (or am I being too harsh on
redmine?)

We use trac (http://www.edgewall.org). It is not so much a todo system as a
task system. It can be as simple or complex as you like. It bills itself as a
software development tool. But that is just because it has hooks in to scm
tools like subversion. But we us it to manage much more than software tasks.
It has timing tools and priorities. And reporting tools. And e-mail
connectivity. And customizable workflows. It is web-based.

Apache are extending Trac in Bloodhound
(https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound).

I am also interested in a decent todo list. My goal is to define a task only
once, and somehow have it accessed in whatever context is needed. A pipe
dream, it seems...

--
Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer