[opensuse] testing asterisk hardware
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 08:47:39 +0100
Hans Witvliet wrote:

On Sun, 2014-03-02 at 10:30 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:

Yes, I would do that for e.g. asterisk itself, but without the extra
hardware (multi-port ISDN cards basically), the my testing would be
way incomplete. This is probably an area that receives very little
testing/attention during development.

Without any spare hardware it is nearly impossible to avoid awkward
situations.

At work, i tried to minimalize the impact...
I separated the ISDN-trunk-line from the main PABX-functionality of
asterisk.
One box acting only as ISDB-bri gateway, and asterisk and the
real-time-DB virtualized on other hardware.
Instead of upgrading the asterisk-box, just make another virtual
client, and when satisfied enough, switch one vm off, and have the new
vm and the isdn-gw point to each other.

Interesting setup. What do you have running on your gateway then and
how does asterisk talk to it?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.2°C)