Re: [opensuse] Why I dislike upgrading ....
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 10:30:49 +0100
Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:

On 03/01/2014 07:10 AM, Per Jessen pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Paul Neuwirth wrote:

This problem is very well known.
i try to keep all systems up to date.
problematical (and or self debugged) packages are frozen, e.g.
ISDN, CAPI, asterisk..

Yes, I have to admit I avoid touching our asterisk box as much as
possible. We don't have test hardware so can't test it

Perhaps use a VirtualBox VM for testing?

Yes, I would do that for e.g. asterisk itself, but without the extra
hardware (multi-port ISDN cards basically), the my testing would be way
incomplete. This is probably an area that receives very little
testing/attention during development.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (4.1°C)