Re: [opensuse] OpenSUSE 13.1 Desktop Folder View
On Sat, 01 Mar 2014 15:54:15 +0000
Paul Groves wrote:

On Saturday 01 Mar 2014 07:43:40 Carl Hartung wrote:
On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 17:13:51 +0000
Paul Groves wrote:
- - - - - 8< - - - - -

This is very annoying. Does anyone have any clue what could be
causing this?

Hi Paul,

Is the 'folder view desktop' you've described the oS 12.3 KDE4
default 'folder view widget' or something else/new?

Thx!

Carl
I am using 13.1 64-bit with the latest kde4 in the suse repository.

I have used the folder view layout setting so that my files appear on
the desktop instead of the widget.

Thanks for the clarification. For the record, the default 13.1 installs
KDE 4.11, "a long term release" <http://en.opensuse.org/Features#Free_Desktops>)

I recently updated to KDE 4.11.5 and the desktop folder view seems to
be working here. A bit of online searching reveals, however, that the
behavior you're seeing isn't necessarily new, nor is it unique to
openSUSE.

I'd recommend first creating a test user account. It will have it's own
'fresh' user space. If the problem manifests there, then it's something
deeper in the system. If not, something in your user space is borked.

I'd also recommend some online searches for 'kde 4 desktop folder view'
and similar. I definitely pulled up some interesting links to look at
that way.

hth & regards,

Carl