Re: [opensuse] Why I hate upgrading ....
On 01/03/14 09:12, Per Jessen wrote:
<rant on>

Tonight I deciced it was time to give our laptop an upgrade, I
ran "zypper up", quickly glanced over the stuff to be done and
said "yes". It's not the fastest of laptops any more, it took about 90
minutes until it suddenly changed mode and the "crescent" symbol
started flahsing. I think that means suspended. I have no idea why it
would suspend just like that, but when I tried to reboot it, it
couldn't access root any more, so kernel panic. Oh well, I know what
my Saturday morning is going to be spent on. I wish had so "no" to
that upgrade.

<rant off>

But if you are UPGRADING then you should run 'zypper dup' and not 'zypper up' surely?

BC

--
Secrecy is completely inadequate for democracy but totally appropriate
for tyranny. If the minister will not inform the public, then we are

Malcolm Fraser - Former Prime Minister of Australia, February 2014