Re: [opensuse] Why I hate upgrading ....
On 2014-03-01 09:08 (GMT+0100) Per Jessen composed:

I have now recovered the laptop to a point where it boots and gets me to
the X login screen. I cannot login via X, but I have access via a
console. Any hints on how to resume the upgrade in a safe manner?

(only tested on well working 13.1)
# zypper verify
Reading installed packages...

Dependencies of all installed packages are satisfied.

When I upgrade, I typically start approximately thus (depending whether release version or Factory):

# zypper -v in zypper libzypp libsolv-tools \
rpm glibc [mkinitrd|dracut] udev systemd \
openSUSE-release

Those & the deps they pull are pretty good at avoiding the perils of an interrupted subsequent zypper dup or zypper up.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/