Re: [opensuse] grub 2 core.img
On 2014-01-31 05:00, Joe Zien wrote:
I installed suse 13.1 on a ThinkPad T60 and it is working fine.
Suse wiped out my legacy grub in the MBR and installed
grub 2, which I don't like.
My grub legacy uses menu.lst to boot any distro, grub 2
uses core.img to boot distros. Where is core.img?

Should be here "/boot/grub2/i386-pc/core.img"

However, grub2 should detect other installations present. Mine does. You
can also add your own entries in "/other/etc/grub.d/40_custom".

How can I boot Suse using legacy grub?

Simply select it in YaST. Well, and configure it.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

List Navigation