Re: [opensuse] Photo editing software on Linux - new option?
On 26/01/14 17:47, John Andersen wrote:
On 1/25/2014 10:37 PM, Basil Chupin wrote:
BTW, as it so happens I had to take some photos a few minutes ago of a couple
of handbags my wife bought (ahem, that is which 'I' bought :-)
) for her birthday today (she wants to send the pics to some of her friends)
and I used DigiKam to transfer the photos onto the HDD.
Handbags? Isn't this what smartphone cameras are for? B-)

Smartphones are a no-no in this household. A sheer waste of money :-) .

A camera is for taking photos and not a 'smartphone'.

Back in 2000 my father-in-law was diagnosed with lung cancer and my wife wanted a mobile phone (you call them 'cell phones') to be able to contact people while she was 'on the move'. I bought the Nokia 3310 - and this is still in use right now; but only kept operational for emergency purposes.

I/we have a big guffaw when we see people walking around with a bottle of water in one hand and a smartphone in the other or attached to their ear while pushing a pram or walking in the street -- AND paying ~$A70/month for this 'yuppie-type' "privilege"!

BC

--
A civilisation is judged by how it treats the most vulnerable.

Lauren Smith - 30 January 2014