Re: [opensuse] Change Pulseaudio to default flat-volumes=no
On 30/01/14 06:54, Amuraritei Andrei wrote:
Hello users,

I'd like to ask the users here what would they think about changing
Pulseaudio's default flat-volumes=yes to flat-volumes=no, to prevent apps like
VLC or Amarok or the sound notification popup from modyfing the master sound
level on your openSUSE distro.

So if I set master to 50% it stay's at 50% and doesn't change when I change
Amarok's volume to 100% or 20% for example. That would mean that 100% from
Amarok = 50% from master.

I am running this right now and it's better than having all the volumes jump
up and being very annoying. My audio setup includes two sound cards, a Xonar
DX one with Logitech's 5500 speakers (analog 5.1) and a NVIDIA gfx one (HDMI
stereo to my monitor).

I'd like you guys to express your user opinion about this change, if you think
it helps you guys have a better audio session on your openSUSE distro.

As per Comment11 [1] in the bug report[2] about the issue, Takashi Iwai
suggests to ask the ML first about the change, and if it's wanted enough here
then we may get a change upstream also.

It might be easier to get an option in the "PulseAudio Configuration" dialog (YaST>Sound>Other...) which currently only has Enable... as an option.

Dx