Re: [opensuse] Need Linux based wifi-Security Camera Monitoring Setup Help
On 01/29/2014 04:12 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Braintrust,

I need to buy several wifi security cameras and install them in my office
and
then setup something on my server to communicate with them and store
video/(possibly audio) from them. A basic security system setup. I haven't a
clue what linux packages can do this and what cameras can talk to any such
package. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions how to accomplish this
or where a good link/howto is for something like this. I have general
articles
from google on cameras, etc.., but nothing regarding what works really well
in a
linux environment.

What say the experts?

Take a look at ZoneMinder: http://www.zoneminder.com