Re: [opensuse] How to add an older repository ..............
On 01/28/2014 03:05 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:

* Duaine Hechler <dahechler@xxxxxxxxx> [01-28-14 15:41]:
How do I add an older repository without screwing things up ?
zypper ar --help

I need the old libicu .... 46 from 12.1 OSS.

Do I add it then set priority lower than 99 - say 50 ?
zypper mr --help

WELL ....... I set the repo at 200 - - and it is trying to downgrade over 217
packages - in reality, only about 7 are effected.

Now what ?

Duaine

Duaine,

If you only need a few packages, I would just download the rpms and then
install with 'rpm -Uvh --oldpackage whatever.rpm'. (rpm will complain if there
is a release/version mismatch -- if the spec file was written correctly)

If you are not on 12.1, I would not recommend adding the repo. Having mixed
version repositories hanging off your box is a recipe for disaster.

If you must mix repo release versions, then I would NOT set the priority on
the repo lower than 99 (default) you do not want to downgrade 217 package or
something crazy like that...

Better just to add the repository with:

sudo zypper ar -k -f $url $alias

where eg. (

url=http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/oss/
alias=oss121 # Or whatever you want to call it
)

I would also recommend setting the following in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf if you add
a mixed release repo:

download.use_deltarpm = false
solver.allowVendorChange = true

If on the other hand you just need to install an older version of the file
from 12.1 oss on 12.1, then you should be able to do something like:

sudo zypper in --repo oss121 --type package --name libicu [--force]

Personally, if it were less than 50 files, I'd probably take the 'rpm -Uvh
--oldpackage whatever.rpm' route...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.