Re: [opensuse] Re: Restore filesystem without losing data?
* Rolf Muth <rolf.muth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-28-14 16:59]:
Am Dienstag 28 Januar 14 schrieb Stephen Berman:
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:32:05 +0100 Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Stephen Berman wrote:
An external hard disk of mine became corrupted, and in an
effort to save the data on it I dd'd it to another hard disk.
Both disks were formatted in Yast (openSUSE 13.1) with a
single ext4 partition. But after using dd, now the filesystem
is gone from the second disk,

Yes, you've created a copy of the corrupted disk.

I feared as much. Is there any way to save the data (including
the filesystem) from a corrupted partition (aside from already
having a backup of it)?

Steve Berman

foremost
foremost.sourceforge.net/