[opensuse] Re: Restore filesystem without losing data?
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 22:20:39 +0100 "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 2014-01-28 21:44, Stephen Berman wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:32:05 +0100 Per Jessen <> wrote:

Yes, you've created a copy of the corrupted disk.

I feared as much. Is there any way to save the data (including the
filesystem) from a corrupted partition (aside from already having a
backup of it)?

You could try testdisk and photorec.

I have tried testdisk on the original corrupted disk and was unable to
restore the filesystem with it, so I'm hesitant to try it on the second,
hopefully non-corrupted, disk, but maybe it's worth a try...

Steve Berman