[opensuse] Re: Restore filesystem without losing data?
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:32:05 +0100 Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Stephen Berman wrote:

An external hard disk of mine became corrupted, and in an effort to
save the data on it I dd'd it to another hard disk. Both disks were
formatted in Yast (openSUSE 13.1) with a single ext4 partition. But
after using dd, now the filesystem is gone from the second disk,

Yes, you've created a copy of the corrupted disk.

I feared as much. Is there any way to save the data (including the
filesystem) from a corrupted partition (aside from already having a
backup of it)?

Steve Berman