[opensuse] Restore filesystem without losing data?
An external hard disk of mine became corrupted, and in an effort to save
the data on it I dd'd it to another hard disk. Both disks were
formatted in Yast (openSUSE 13.1) with a single ext4 partition. But
after using dd, now the filesystem is gone from the second disk, though
otherwise the partition table appears to be intact, and cat and grep
show at least some of the data. I had run `e2fsck -b 32768 -c' on the
first disk when the problem first appeared (it was unmountable), but
that seemed to make things worse, so I'm reluctant to try it on the
second disk, unless someone convinces me I used it wrong and tells me
the right way. Or is there another way to restore the filesystem
without losing the data?

Steve Berman