Re: [opensuse] libtiff
On 1/28/2014 11:41 AM, PeckK@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi
Could you help me on this issue?
I just installed openSUSE 13.1 and I installed a program. When I launch it, I
get an error...saying that libtif.so.3 does not exist.
Could you tell me how I can install the library?
Thanks, Kyung

Is this your first exposure to Opensuse?
If so, I would start with Yast, Software management.

I would also review how you went about installing that software, because you
should be using yast for that
as well. It would prevent installation if there was a missing dependency.

Libtif.so.3 is very old, and libtif.so.5 is what is current. So that software
may not
be packaged for opensuse, and you would be better off installing it from
opensuse repositories
if you can find it.

You might be able to creat a link to libtif.so.5 named libtif.so.3 in the
same directory, but I don't recommend this, its a huge kludge that is
something to try as a last resort.